Friday, December 28, 2012

It's been awhile.....


 It's been awhile for sure!  I haven't posted anything in 2months, mostly because I needed a break.  Between homeschooling, dance recital, cello recital, an 18 month old, Christmas, everyone of us getting the flu and everything else I was getting overwhelmed.  Thankfully, we took about 3 weeks off from school and that is just what I needed.  I'm feeling the energy coming back.



 Someone got some new moccasins for Christmas.....
(excuse the trash in the background)



 I wanted to show off our Christmas sugar cookies we made this year.  This is probably the prettiest batch of Christmas cookies we've ever made!  The icing was an almond flavored and instead of trying to squeeze it onto the cookies we dipped them!  They turned out so pretty.



Amongst all that's going on this month I also have a birthday today.  So, I've been thinking of all the things I'd like to be better at and do more of and less of.  :)  A couple on the list would be
1.  Eat better for sure!  I've gotten into a bad habit of not cooking, which means we eat out too much and therefore we don't eat very healthy.  I'd love to find a good cook book.  Hmmm.....
2.  Sewing....I have a sewing desk that I'm hoping to make beautiful.  Hopefully I'll be more inspired to do some sewing afterwards and finish the vintage dress that I almost finished and then quit. :(
3.  Friends....I'd really like to make more time for friends and make more friends too!  Since homeschooling and moving away from babysitters it's been really hard finding the time to go do things with friends. 
4.  Exercise......Yeah, this is probably on everyone's list, but I need to do this.  There was a time when I was pretty steady with it and then well I had another baby and it's hard to get back to it.  I remember I felt so great when I was really exercising!  
This is just the start of my list, I'll write the rest of it later.  :)
 



 Christmas 2012 has come and gone. 
 It was a great year and I'm praying now for the new one coming up!  
I hope your Christmas was great too.  
Who knows what 2013 holds, but whatever it is, I'm excited that God has it in His hands.


"He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.  Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.;  the Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love."  Psalm 147:4-5,11    
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. loved this.. so happy you are blogging again.
    I have really missed your encouraging post.

    love you!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete