Tuesday, October 26, 2010

BIRTHDAY PARTY TIME!!!!


Okay, I've got lots of pictures!
Here is my first shortbread cookies with royal icing that I've ever made!
They turned out pretty cute I think!




My original plan was for the cupcakes to have cotton candy on top,
but as I figured out the hard way,
you have to put the cotton candy on top
right before you eat b/c it will melt! And so,
since this party was outside I decided not carry the cotton candy
to the park and decorate there!





I even made the cupcake wrappers too!
I found some fall scrapbook paper in the dollar section at Target and then just found a cupcake wrapper template online and WA-LA!
Very affordable! :)




Look! Even princess Ariel came to the party!



For favors, I made some caramel apples along with the cookies!



So, another fun project I decided I could do with my girls was a homemade pinata! Well, I will share some lessons I learned through this:
1. Buying a pinata is totally worth the money!
2. Kids and homemade glue at the table is not a very fun thing for mom!
3. The kids don't want to help after the first 10 min. so you end up having to get the husband to help and he doesn't really enjoy crafts as much as you do but b/c he loves you so much he does help. Good marriage building exercise! :)
4. It's too much work just for a bunch of kids to beat a hole in your artwork! He! He!






Happy Birthday my sweet little girls!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment