Thursday, August 28, 2014

From Home school to Public School



Well, here we are a week and a half into this school year.  The girls have started public school and I must say I have mixed feelings about it all.  I have been homeschooling them for the past 4 years and this year they decided they really wanted to go to school.  I'm not one of those that think homeschool is the only way to go.  For me, it's about what works best for your family.    The area we have been living in does not have a very big homeschool community so I understood their feelings of wanting more of a social life. :o) It has been a week and half of them waking up totally excited about going to school.  It seems almost kind of twilight zone-ish!  Haha!  I don't ever remember being so excited for my time at school, but hey, I'm happy that they are so excited for it.  With that said, I have been missing them being here with Huey and me at home during the day.

So, what have we been doing you ask?  Well.......I decided it was time to start doing some of those Pinterest projects that look so fun or yummy.
First was making homemade doughnuts with Huey....... 




 He LOVES helping mommy cook, so this was something fun and easy for him to do after I did the hot part.  He was able to glaze the doughnuts with cinnamon and sugar after they cooled.



 And then of course, taste test them!  Here is the pin for these easy doughnuts.
Today I'm making home made poptarts!  My kids love pop tarts.  So stay tuned! 


 Time with Huey is time spent watching Power Rangers 
and practicing our moves.  Maybe next time I should post my 
power ranger moves? 
 Nah, I'll spare ya on that one.  Ha.



 This video below shows some of the more 
important things we are 
learning how to do as well.




 Yes, it's very different this year not doing home-school everyday, something I'm not so sure about.  But, one thing I am sure about is His leading at this time in our life.  I'm so excited about all the new experiences we will have this school year.  Something I'm really missing though, is sleeping in......



Just some fun family time this past weekend. 



Hope your school year has started off great! 
One day I'll make a Pro's and Con's list for Home-school and Public School maybe at the end of the year and post it!  There really are good things and not so good things about both.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Cuteness! I hope you and Huey have a wonderful day! Enjoy the special times together.

    ReplyDelete