Wednesday, October 19, 2011

PUMPKINS are AWESOME


 It is definitely feeling like fall here at my place!  We have been cooking and carving and roasting and all kinds of "fall" like things!  It has been a lot of fun.  Mostly because the weather is changing and now I feel like I can handle going outside with the kids without melting!  YES, I'm a wimp, I admit it!  Anyway, this week we made a delicious recipe!  Here is the recipe for the pumpkin roll we made:  

 It was very good!  You should try it.  I've never made a cake that you roll up but I guess there's a first time for everything!  It smelled as great as it tasted!  My picky eater Emma even loved it.


 This is the pumpkin my husband carved.  
Can you tell what it is???



 Charlie Brown! 
Is this not a great pumpkin?!  
I think he did an excellent job!  
He had never carved a pumpkin before either.




Fun times at the pumpkin patch!  Huey loves picking out pumpkins....:)



 Aren't we cute sitting among the hay????



Now, about these roasted pumpkin seeds, they were kinda weird.  The taste was somewhat of a metal taste, not very good.  At least I can say I've tried it, but I think I won't ever do it again.  I will leave the pumpkin seeds to growing more pumpkins for pumpkin pie (that taste much better)! Also, can you believe how many seeds a pumpkin actually has?!



 Well, a post wouldn't be the same without some cute pictures of Huey, right?  He is in his stroller more now, with this great weather we've been having.  And one more, of him in his very handsome hat!

 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment