Saturday, August 18, 2012

The World Map CAKE!



Emma started her cello lessons this week!  
She was so excited to meet her teacher.  
Turns out the cello we ordered from Ebay didn't have something done correctly to some part of it so this week we've got to get that taken care of. 
 So, her teacher played some cello pieces for us and it was just beautiful!!! 
 Emma cannot wait to get started learning.




As for school this week, it has been a MUCH better week overall. 
 Huey is better and that makes for better school days for sure.  
This is our second week of school and we are starting to get into a routine which is great. 
 I'm so excited about everything the girls are learning.  We are only 2 weeks in and both of them already know the 5 continents and 7 oceans!


 We've done some nature walks, made earthworm habitats, 
and started on our nature journals.  
They are really having fun.  They love to be outside and so does Huey!





Now, Lola loved our cooking days last year so this next project we did was right up her alley!  She even asked me last night,
 "Mama, when I grow up, should I be a chef or a pay-check girl?" 
 (She calls a cashier a 'pay-check girl') 
 I'm trying to encourage the chef. 
 He! He!



 We made a cake map of the world!  It was a fantastic learning activity and so much fun!  Now let me say the pre-kid perfectionist and cake baker in me had to really be patient.  I finally said okay, you guys can ice the cake and make the map yourselves!  Whew!  Once they got to going they had so much fun.  Emma said, "It's like we are real cake decorators!" 



And so this weekend we have cake!  I think I'll eat Antarctica.  
I hope you are having a great weekend too.
Why don't you sign up to follow this blog!  We've got some other great projects we will be posting about soon and I'd love to know your reading! :) 


Here's just a picture of what an awesome morning looks like for me! 
 Can you guess what I'm reading?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment